Discrimination is Against the Law
Wellcare Health Plans, Inc., complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Wellcare Health Plans does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Wellcare Health Plans, Inc. provides:
- Free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Wellcare Member Services for help or you can ask Member Services to put you in touch with a Civil Rights Coordinator who works for Wellcare.
How to File a Grievance
If you believe that Wellcare Health Plans, Inc., has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance.
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, phone, fax, or email:
- Phone: 1-866-530-9491 (TTY: 711)
- Email: OperationalGrievance@wellcare.com
- Mail: Wellcare Health Plans, Inc.
P.O. Box 31384
Tampa, FL 33631-3384
If you need help filing a grievance, a Wellcare Civil Rights Coordinator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, or by mail or phone:
- Phone: 1-800-368-1019, 1-800-537-7697 (TDD)
- Mail: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW.
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, DC 20201
Complaint forms are available at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website.
This Nondiscrimination Notice also applies to ‘Ohana Health Plan, a plan offered by Wellcare Health Insurance of Arizona, Inc. Please contact your plan for details.